The weekend is here and we all have some kind of entertainment in mind. If you live in South Africa, there is an amazing selection of entertainment options.
We all enjoy spending time outdoors in our wonderful weather, whether it is basking in the sun on one of the beautiful beaches or getting an adrenalin rush from one of the many extreme sport options. Perhaps you prefer a relaxing wine tasting at a glorious wine estate or dining at a choice of restaurants. Mountain biking, golf and other sport activities are popular, whether as a participant or passionate supporter.
Herewith some South African entertainment highlights to inspire you this weekend:
- South Africa has the second oldest Film Industry in the world.
- The Cape Argus Cycle Tour is the largest timed cycle race in the world.
- South Africa has the longest wine route in the world.
- South Africa has the highest commercial bungi jump in the world (710 feet).
- M-Net is Africa’s largest pay television service, delivering 24-hour programming to dozens of countries across the continent.
- South Africa has the most luxurious train in the world, The Rovos Rail.
- The Lost City Resort is the largest thermal resort in the world as well as the largest building project undertaken in the southern hemisphere.